lunes, 21 de noviembre de 2016

[Discussion] The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

So finally we reach the end of the course, we have been learning a lot of things and today I will talk particularly about the book we red in class: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

The first thing I must say about the book is that it’s completly oriented to geeks or to anyone who enjoys reading sci-fi books. At the begining of the book I didn’t quite understood about what they were talking about but as I continued reading I got hooked with the book. Mostly I enjoyed the author’s humor and how he narrated the episodes of the book giving this particular funny charisma to the Ford Perfect character.

Although I liked most of the book, I expected more from the final chapter. The reader can’t know what happend to the crew so for me this is a little bit of a dissapointment, I don’t like cliffhangers very much.

The character I liked the most was Zaphod Beeblebrox, and it is because he is surounded by mistery. I find funny and special the way he lives, the way that he doesn’t really try anything knowing the purpose of what he’s doing and even though he has accomplished to become the president of the Galaxy. Another character I liked so much is Ford Perfect because he is so funny… although I think it is not the characters I like, but the way that Douglas narrates the story, it’s the omnipresent narrator the thing I liked the most about the book.

I friend of mine told me that this book is part of a collection of two more, so I think I’ll try to read the next books because I really want to know what is going to happen to Arthur and all the crew. I totally recomend the book to those who enjoy reading sci-fi :)

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario